Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics celebrates Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day on Wednesday, March 10. As the nation’s food and nutrition experts, registered dietitian nutritionists are committed to improving the health of their patients, clients and communities. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day and National Nutrition Month® promote the Academy and RDNs to the public and the media as the most valuable and credible source of timely, scientifically-based food and nutrition information.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship, passed an examination and maintain continuing education.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make personalized, positive lifestyle changes.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research private practice and more.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.
Need help? As part of National Nutrition Month®, the Academy’s website will host resources to spread the message of good nutrition and the importance of an overall healthy lifestyle for people of all ages, genders and backgrounds. The public also can follow National Nutrition Month® on the Academy’s social media channels including Facebook and Twitter using #NationalNutritionMonth. Visit the Academy at www.eatright.org.
Need professional resources? Visit www.casesoftware.com