Table of Contents
At the completion of this course the successful learner will be able to:
- Discuss the role of inflammatory biomarkers as it relates to declining nutritional status.
- Assess laboratory test results for hydration status, nutrition-related anemia and other nutrition related disorders.
- Describe the relationship between laboratory test results and changes in nutritional status.
- Differentiate the role of medications and disease as each affects laboratory test results.
- Apply principles of Nutrition Care Process in the laboratory assessment of nutritional status.
CDR Learning Codes that can apply to this course include 2100, 3000, 3020, 3060, 5000, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5040, 5050, 5080, 5090, 5100, 5230 or other applicable codes.
CDR Essential Practice Competencies that can apply 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 8.1.2, 8.1.3, 8.3.1, 8.3.1, 8.3.6, 10.2.1, 10.2.3, 10.2.4.